Sunday, April 12, 2015

Recent happenings...

Being a first year teacher in a new culture is creating a busy life. Here are some updates from the past couple of weeks.

  • I went on a field trip to a local school with the first grade class.
  • I had the opportunity to get away from the city for a few days to lead the children's program for a church's weekend away.  I plan to write a separate post about that.
  • I got out of the city for a few days on Spring Break.  It was nice to recharge.  The Lord has been teaching me a lot about the importance of rest. Sometimes it just means not taking work home, and sometimes it means you need to get away.  It can be hard to rest when you can see your office from your living room window. 
  • I went to visit the Hamlin Fistula Hospital in Addis. It was so inspiring to see the legacy that one couple has left in a country (and the work that she continues to do at the age of 91). Check out what they do for the women of Ethiopia.
  • I celebrated Easter with my new church family. What an answer to prayer.
  • My roommates and I hosted a couple of families for dinner at  our house. 
  • I've been preparing for the 4th grade Science Fair. They're so excited! 
  • I dominated in the Richardson family March Madness bracket. Apparently my guessing skills are better in Africa. 
  • I'm officially a resident of Ethiopia!

Thank you for your continued prayers and support. 

1 comment:

  1. I love reading about your life there and seeing your pictures. Your picture is on our cork board and we pray for your constantly. Love you!

    ReplyDelete