Saturday, July 25, 2015

School's out for the... rainy season?

That's right, friends! School's out for the rainy season.  I'm sitting in my apartment right now wishing that I could feel my toes.  Who knew it would get so cold and wet in Africa? Not me.  Even though it's wet, cold, and muddy, I can't stop thinking about how rain brings new life.  Even though I miss the warmth and sunshine, I can't stop thinking about the importance of this time for farmers.  
"He covers the heavens with clouds; he prepares rain for the earth; he makes grass grow on the hills." Psalms 147:8

I love that we serve a God who is in control of everything. Even the grass. It's easy to complain. But, today, I think I'll just grab an extra blanket, make a cup of tea, and lesson plan for the upcoming school year. 

Quick Updates
  • School finished in mid-June. Graduation, banquets, and too many goodbyes. What a busy time!
  • I will be teaching Kindergarten starting in August! It's going to be an exciting year!
  • I had the opportunity to travel down country to lead a kid's program with a friend in two different villages (see pictures).

No comments:

Post a Comment