Saturday, May 7, 2016

Chicken Pox

In January, I was assessing a child's reading.  We were reading a book called Spots. It had a picture on the front cover of a child sick in bed with chicken pox. When the child was asked what the book was about, he answered, "He has flea bites!" Only a kid who grew up in Africa would say that!

After that, chicken pox went through my class.  For almost two weeks, I had child after child out with chicken pox (or other sickness). I only had half a class for two weeks.  It was funny to hear their commentary:

"I need to get the chicken pox.  I could really use a day off school." -A five year old.

"I don't want to go home! I love school!" -Another five year old.

"I was soooooooo itchy! I had to scratch like thisssss!!!!" -Yet another five year old.

Needless to say, they all know what Spots is about now!

No comments:

Post a Comment