Thursday, August 4, 2016

my people group

You often hear missionaries say they are going to work with various people groups around the world. A people group is defined as an "ethnolinguistic group with a common self-identity that is shared by the various members." 

Like other missionaries, I have a people group.  They have their own language, they have their own cultural habits, and they have their own view of the world. They're not very tall.  They're always learning new things. They come in groups of about 18-22. They need love, and they love to talk. Sometimes they're messy. They're experts at building things in sand and they have vivid imaginations. And they're 5-6 years old.

My KG class is my people group. They are the people God has called me to love and share his story.  They are the people I see everyday.  They are the people I watch learn all year.  They are the children of people serving in ministry as church planters, pastors, doctors, teachers, and Bible translators. They are the children of airline pilots and business owners.  They are my people group.

Will you join me in prayer this year for my class? Would you be willing to pray for one student everyday all year? If so, I will send you the first name of a child in my class, and you can join me in serving this people group through prayer this year. Set an alarm or put their name in your phone and pray everyday for the sweet and impressionable children that will walk through the door of my classroom each morning. 

1 comment:

  1. I definitely want a child to pray for again this year! What a honor!

    ReplyDelete