Thursday, April 10, 2014

Grade 2 Fun

As of next week, I will be teaching full time. 

Here are a couple of the fun things we have done:

Social Studies: We're learning about Explorers, and to introduce the unit, I wanted the kids to go on a little expedition around the playground.  Originally, I was going to put the message in a bottle (cute, right?), but I never found a bottle.  Instead I just folded it up, taped it to the board, and wrote "Do not open until period 5." It created quite the commotion. My favorite quote from the day? "WHY are we SO obedient?!"

Literacy: To introduce adjectives, I gave each kid a handful of popcorn, and they had to use describing words to tell me all about it. That was a big hit! 

April Fools Day: On April Fools, my teacher took all of the students' desks out of the room and hid them on the playground. "Robbers came in our room last night!!! What do we do?!?" 

No comments:

Post a Comment