Saturday, January 31, 2015

January 2015: The Highlight Reel

I can't believe I've almost been here one month.  Here are some highlights from January.
Saying goodbye to dear friends at the airport.

Handsome brothers at the airport.
-I moved to Ethiopia to teach elementary at Bingham Academy.

Last flight: Ethiopia bound!

View out my back window.
-I live in a lovely house with three other teachers.

Where there is no power.... Headlamp selfie
-Sometimes the power goes out, but that's ok. You just get more time to read with candles.

Cultural night during orientation.
-Traditional food in Ethiopia is Injera.  It's growing on me.
-I'm becoming a coffee drinker! Double macchiato from the souk at the school for 60 cents? I can't complain.

New SIM teachers

Watching Timket
-I'm enjoying learning more about the Ethiopian culture.

Cooked my first "from scratch" meal!
-Learning to cook and grocery shop is an adventure.
-I started language lessons two times a week.
-I teach Grade 4 Science and Social Studies as well as Grade 3 Science. I also help out in Grade 1 and 2.

Field Day 2015
I'm excited for many more months to come!

I love to hear from home! Send me a Facebook message anytime!

No comments:

Post a Comment