Friday, January 30, 2015

Timket 2015

The Ethiopian Orthodox Church celebrated one of their main holidays a couple of weeks ago. Timket. 

Timket celebrates the baptism of Jesus with parades and fanfares around the country.  Members and Priests of the Orthodox Church march with their replica of the Ark of the Covenant from their church to various central locations where they are baptized with holy water.  Since the priests only walk on a carpet, it is a slow moving parade (the carpets are continually run from the back to the front). 

Here is a little video I created to try to depict the celebrations. Now you want to come visit, right?


**Disclaimer #1: I don't know very much about this holiday (but I did enjoy a day off school!).  Please feel free to google it and become more knowledgable.

**Disclaimer #2: I've never used iMovie before, so please don't judge my movie making skills! 


No comments:

Post a Comment